Halloween was lots of fun. My little one dressed up as a ballerina. She didn't want to get a tutu so we used her ballet costume and she picked out stockings, a crown, and a star wand. She dug the black ribbon around her waist out of my ribbon drawer for her "sash". Her leggings are the sleeves of a felted wool sweater that still had a little stretch to it. I just cut the arms off and put them on her legs! Easy as that. They fit perfectly. She picked out the color. I tried for pink but lost.
Onto crafty things... I finished another embroidery. This one is eventually going to be framed in a 6 inch wooden hoop. Jo-Anns is 45 minutes away so its going to have to wait until I go to town again. The Owl Embroidery is in the same boat. I need a certain color thread to finish it.
The house and workshop were done in backstitch. The trees were done in split stitch. Seed stitch for the grass. The moon and mailbox are in satin stitch.
I am working on a pattern for a Thanksgiving embroidery based on a vintage Thanksgiving postcard. I am about done with the pattern and I cant wait to start stitching it.
Hope you had lots of treats and few tricks this Halloween!