Nothing beats a homemade chocolate chip cookie fresh from the oven. Everyone likes their cookies made a certain way. Some like those thin crunchy cookies, but not me! I want it soft, big, and gooey. Full of nuts, chocolate chips and sometimes a little oatmeal. That junk you buy in the store shouldn't even be called cookie.
The other day, I was flipping through a cookbook called Recipes Worth Sharing and I came across Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie. OMG!
I had to make one that night. I normally buy the ingredients for chocolate chip cookies every week so I had them on hand and I was lucky enough to have a pie crust in the freezer. In an hour I had this beautiful and oh so delicious pie. A little tip... wait as long as you can to let the pie cool. It was best the next day or should I say morning. We polished it off by noon!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped
- 1 unbaked (9in) pie shell
1. Beat the eggs in a mixing bowl at high speed for 3 minutes or until frothy.
2. Add the flour, sugar and brown sugar and beat until blended. Beat in butter.
3. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
4. Spoon the mixture into the pie shell and spread until even.
5. Bake at 325 degrees for 55-60 minutes or until center is set. Let stand until cool.
I think this would be great with a graham cracker crust or a Oreo cookie crust! Plus it is so much easier then making cookies. So this is my new lazy chocolate chip cookie recipe. Now I can make this pie when I want homemade cookies, but I don't want to spend 2 hours baking.