I finished up an embroidery project! I know its been a while. I have been collecting as many vintage patterns online as I could get my hands on and I finally did one.
I also tried to do the Flower Girl dress from Weekend Sewing, but the pattern runs a little small. I say its about a 3T or so. I am going to have to enlarge it a couple sizes to fit my little munchkin.
I had a terrible time with the gathering on this dress. I have done it before a few times and its not hard, but I ended up tearing out the seam three times before giving up for the night. Well, I have to admit that the first time I tore out the seam it was because I had sewn in onto the bodice inside out. But the 2nd and 3rd times were definitely the fabrics fault! HaHa!
So, I think I might give up on this one, cut off the straps and turn the skirt into a Smocked Sundress. I love the bright yellow gingham fabric. Its says summer so clearly and its from a vintage sheet I found in a huge trash bag of fabric in my mom's garage. The bag had belonged to the mother of my best friend who moved away when I was little. It would be wonderful to use it as a dress for my little girl.